If your PAN card is not linked to Aadhaar, you will not be able to invest in mutual funds, stocks, open a bank account, etc. from April 1, 2022, as your PAN card would become inoperative.
As per various circulars issued by SEBI, linking your PAN and Aadhaar card is mandatory for all transactions in the securities market (including mutual fund investments). The deadline for the same is March 31, 2022. If your PAN and Aadhaar card are not linked
- You will not be able to perform any mutual fund transactions
- Any SIPs/STPs/SWPs registered in the folio will be suspended
- You may face a deduction of higher taxes at source on any income distribution by the mutual fund.
To check if PAN is linked with Aadhaar, click here
How to link PAN with Aadhaar
Via e-Filing Website:
- Visit the Income Tax e-Filing website to link PAN with AADHAAR
- Enter PAN and Aadhaar number in the respective fields
- Enter the name as mentioned in the Aadhaar card
- Click ‘Link Aadhaar’
- Type UIDPAN<12 Digit Aadhaar> <10 Digit PAN> to start the process
- Send the message via SMS to either 567678 or 56161 from the registered mobile number for PAN